MHSA, E-RYT-500, C-IAYT, Qualified MBSR Teacher
- Yoga instructor and therapist since 2004. Founder and Director of growing Yoga Moves MS program and community in southeastern Michigan.
- Provides small group adaptive yoga therapy classes for over 70 students per week with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Leads annual fundraiser for Yoga Moves MS
- Offers private yoga therapy to seniors, those with MS, and neuromuscular conditions.
- Administrator at University of Michigan Medical Center (1989 to 1996).
Education and qualifications:
Professional Yoga Therapy Certifications:
- MBSR Qualified Teacher
- C-IAYT, E-RYT-500, Ananda Seva Mission, 2007
- RYT-200, Center for Yoga, 2004
- Masters of Health Services Administration, University of Michigan, 1989
- Bachelors of Science, Northwestern University, 1983
- Yoga Alliance-Registered Yoga Teacher, E-RYT-500.
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive, University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness, September 2016
- 9 Day Practicum in MBSR, University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness, June-July 2015
- Convergence: The Meeting of the Insight Meditation Tradition and all Mindfulness-Based Approaches at Copper Beech from May 8- 15, 2015
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) with Dr. Ruth Lerman, Farmington Hills, Michigan (Fall 2016)
- Mindfuness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) with Dr. Howard Schubiner, Southfield, Michigan (Spring 2012)
- Mindfulness- Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Professional Education and Training, Jon Kabat Zinn Ph.D. and Saki Santorelli, Ed. D. February 2013
Yoga Therapy Continuing Education:
- Mindful Yoga Therapy for Veterans (April 2015)
- IAYT SYTAR, with emphasis on Combining Yoga, Ayurveda and Modern Medicine for Breathing Disorders, Neuroscience and Pain, Exploring the Floor of the Core, Yoga Based Intervention for Heart Disease and Diabetes. (2013)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Professional Education and Training(7 days), Jon Kabat Zinn, Ph.D. and Saki Santorelli , Ed.D., M.A., February 2013
- Teaching Adaptive Yoga for MS-Assistant Instructor with Karen O’Donnell Clarke, Austin, Texas, May 2013
- Doug Keller Workshop, April 2013
- Desire Rumbaugh, Yoga to the Rescue, Ann Arbor, Michigan March 2012
- Friend, Dancing with the Divine Weekend Workshop, Detroit, MI, March 2011
- Doug Keller, Psoas, Sacrum, Shoulders workshop, Farmington, MI, Jan 2011
- The Sacred in the Everyday, Desire Rumbaugh, October 2010
- Art of Progressive Teaching Intensive with Betsey Downing, August 2010
- Sienna Sherman workshop, Novi, Mi, August 2010
- Jaimie Allison, Sequencing for Success (6 hours), June 2010
- Adaptive Yoga for Disability, Level 1 with Matthew Sanford, May 2010 (20 hours)
- John Friend, Detroit, Melt Your Heart, Blow Your Mind Tour, March 2010
- Anatomy from Bottom to Top with Sara Davidson, Bloomfield Hills, MI Winter 2006, 2007, 2009-2010
- Anusara Immersion with Sara Davidson and Natalie Donnellon, Winter 2009-2010,
- Yoga Therapeutics with Sienna Sherman, Sue Elkind and Naime Jezzeny August 2009
- Anusara Therapeutics with Jamie Allison April 2009
- SYTAR, Symposium on YT & Research. Individual workshops included: Yoga for Osteoporosis: Proven & Unproven by Fishman & Saltonstall: Shoulder to Shoulder by Doug Keller 2009
- Anusara Yoga Therapy Training with John Friend. June 2008
- Matt Sanford. Adoptive and Therapeutic Yoga Workshop 2008
- SYTAR Symposium on Yoga Therapy and Research, Individual workshops included Yoga Nidra, Adapting Yoga Practices for Cardiac Health, Nischala Devi, Structural Challenges: Muscles and Joints with Loren hman, MD and Mukunda Stiles. Applying Adaptive Iyengar Yoga for MS, Structural Challenges: Back Care with Robin Rothenberg and Matthew Taylor. 2008
- SYTAR, Symposium on Yoga Therapy and Research sponsored by IAYT at Los Angeles, CA. Individual workshops included: Yoga for People with Cancer, How to Work one on one with, using YT RX Model with Larry Payne, Yoga for People with MS with Eric Small. 2007
- 2007, Yoga Therapy Certification and 500 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis in Yoga Therapy from Ananda Seva Mission in Santa Rosa, CA.
- 2007, Teaching Adaptive Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis with Karen O’Donnell Clarke. Southfield Michigan.
- 2007 and 2006. Anatomy from Bottom to Top with Sara Davidson, Bloomfield, Michigan.
- 2007 and 2006, Yoga Therapy Sessions with Desiree Rumbaugh. Southeastern Michigan.
- 2007, Reflexology with Julie Cykiert, Karma Yoga, Michigan.
- 2006, LifeForce Yoga for Depression and Anxiety, Amy Weintraub, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 2004, Teacher Training Certification, Center for Yoga with Jonny Kest.
- 2004, Yoga Anatomy 101,Yin Yoga, and Philosophy with Paul Grilley, 2 week training, Portland, Oregon.
- 2004, Yoga as Therapy with Doug Keller, Seattle, Washington.
- 2004, Teaching Yoga Effectively, Anusara Style, Doug Keller, Traverse City, Michigan.